Best Exercise Machines For Toning Whole Body – You are on the right article if you are looking for the best exercise machines for toning whole body giving you the body figure you desire and also to help give you a full or total body workout. So worry no further as we will be giving you the best machines to add into the gym in your home which will help give you a full-body workout session.
So you have to follow through to the end of this post so that you will be able to make the perfect choice of exercise machine to put your whole body in shape.
We believe that after reading through this post, you would know the best exercise machine for you.
So without further ado, let’s delve into the article…
10 Best Exercise Machines for Toning the Whole Body
- Multi Gym
- Elliptical Trainer
- Stationary bike
- Rowing machine
- Indoor air bike
- Cross Trainer
- Free weights
- Smith machine
1. Multi Gym Unit : Marcy 150-lb Multifunctional Home Gym Station for Total Body Training
If you are a gym owner or you want to set up a home gym for yourself, you could try this exercise machine. The multi gym unit is one of the best exercise machines for toning the whole body which aims to fitting as many movements as possible in a single machine.
The multi-gym is a bunch of gym machines combined into one functional machine that gives you the ability to perform various exercises for your body in a single unit. Although, you cannot execute all exercises at the same time, you can only do them on the same machine.
This makes you not to move from one machine to another if you want to change your workout. A lot of workout exercises can be done on the multi gym unit some of the best exercises to be executed on the machine are:
- Pull –down
- Single –arm crossovers
- Negative rep chest press
- Kneeling shoulder press
Types Of Multi Gym
The multi gyms are divided into categories depending on the body part you are targeting.
Some of the Multi Gym units are:
· Plate Loaded Multi Gym
This has an ISO-lateral movement of the arms which enhances the natural range of motion targeting the intended muscles with the accurate arcs and angles of the machine.
· Upper body multi gym
This type of multi gym as the name implies is targeted for the upper body. You know that regular working out of muscle in your arms, back, chest and shoulders is important to help keep your upper body strong and to give your muscles shape.
It has many components like the lat pulldown, pec fly and rear delt, high low pulley and low row and all these components have their functions in toning your upper body.
· Lower body multi gym
Just like the upper body multi gym, the lower body multi gym is for the lower part of the body. It helps to shape your legs, hips and glutes by building muscle in those areas.
When you strengthen muscles in the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes and calves, you will be able to move through your day freely and easily and also perform well in athletic activities.
This machine has some components like standing calf, leg curl, leg press and leg extension.
Features of the Marcy 150-lb Multi-functional Gym Station For Total Body Training
- Premium Steel Construction with guard rods that hold weight in place during workouts
- Weight Stack lock with 150-pound selectorized weight stack that you can customized according to your skill level to avoid stress of loading and unloading weight plates.
- Removable Curl pad for the ergonomically designed seats with high-density boxed upholstery to reduce tension and impact.
- Assembled Dimensions: 68”L x 42”W x 78”H || Maximum Weight Capacity: 300lb
- Designed with dual action press arm to allow you perform chest press and vertical butterfly exercises to develop your biceps, triceps, pectoral and other muscles.
- It has a lot of diversification
- Maintaining it doesn’t need much
- Can accommodate multiple users
- Burns calories and increase lean muscle mass.
- Has limited weight
Pricing: Around $639.99 on Amazon.
2. Treadmill: Nordictrack T Series Treadmills
Treadmill is also one of the amazing best exercise machines for toning the whole body as it allow you to enjoying the benefits of walking in your home.
The treadmill is a device that is used for walking, running or climbing while staying in the same place. Instead of the user powering a mill, the device provides a moving platform with a wide conveyor belt that is driven by an electric motor or a flywheel.
Some models of the treadmill machine make available a less joint-jarring flexible surface. It allows you to be able to adjust the speed and intensity to allow you to walk any distance at your own pace. While some models permits you to adjust the angle of incline as you walk.
Features of the Nordictrack T Series Treadmills
- Immersive 10-inch interactive HD touchscreen Streams on-demand iFIT workouts directly to your equipment and provides easy stats tracking
- SMART-Response motor for effective running and cardio training
- 10 MPH SMART One Touch speed control: Your iFIT Trainer auto-adjusts your smart treadmill’s speed.
- Innovative SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist which means that the treadmill can fold up after your run for compact.
- 20” x 50” tread deck
- Bluetooth headphone connectivity for in-ear audio
- Shock absorber
- Bluetooth speaker, phone holder, remote control and app control.
- It can assist you replicate race environments
- It is helpful in making sure you don’t get yourself injured
- It is easier when it’s comes to your joints
- You get to do your workouts regardless of the weather
- It does not allow all your muscles to get a workout
Pricing: Treadmill ranges from $1000 to $2500
3. Elliptical Trainer: Body Rider 3 –in-1 Trio-Trainer/ Elliptical Upright Stationary and Recumbent Exercise Bike
This is one of the best exercise machines for toning whole body. Elliptical trainer is a concept for people that like standing while exercising. These machines have unique features packed up together in one machine which provides you with the freedom to indulge in stationary cardio exercises.
It is an exercise machine that stimulates a number of aerobic exercises including walking, running, stair-stepping or cross-country skiing.
It has a motion handle for you to hold so has to help work your upper body muscles, then striding will also work for your lower body. You can also do some adjustments on the resistance and timing of your workout session.
Features of the Body Rider 3-in-1 Trio-Trainer Elliptical Upright Stationery and Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Use as Elliptical Trainer/Upright Cycle/Recumbent Bike
- Seamless Transitions: No pedal adjustments necessary
- Computer monitor w/17+ Training programs
- Integrated heart rate monitor/pulse grips, motorized magnetic resistance and dual-action handlebars.
- It is amazing for cardiovascular health, endurance and conditioning
- Low impact and safe
- Burns a lot of calories
- Boosts stamina and cardio capacity
- Puts less stress on your joints
- Burns body fat
- Maintain fitness after injury
- It will cost you more cause of its price
Pricing: Elliptical trainer ranges from $200 to $500
4. Stationary Bike: YOSUDA Pro Magnetic exercise bike 350 lbs weight
Stationary bikes are very good exercise machines for toning the whole body; it is also one of the most popular home gym exercise machines. This bike helps to making available a comfortable and efficient routine when working out. It is one of the best when it comes to toning the body, weight loss and all-round health.
It can be adjusted and when adjusted properly, it will aid you lose weight faster, makes your heart strengthened and help build lean muscles as you work your whole body. Stationary bikes can also be adjusted to match the goals you’ve set for your fitness journey and body type.
The YOSUDA indoor bike has been around for 20 years and has served over 1 million families. It can be your fitness partner and help you achieve your fitness goals.
Features YOSUDA Pro Magnetic Exercise Bike
- Heavy steel frame and smooth quiet belt transfer
- 40lbs flywheel with 100 Micro-adjustable Resistance.
- 2-ways (up/ down) Adjustable Handlebar and 4-ways (forward/back and up/down)Adjustable Seat
- Hyper-Quiet Magnetic Drive System that eliminates noise from the bike controlling the sound at 20DB even after working out for a long time.
- LCD monitor and tablet bracket
- 4-ways adjustable handlebar and seat to fit users with different heights.
- Toe-caged pedals designed with adjustable straps to fit different sizes of feet.
- Inside length: 25”Min – 35” Max
- Maximum user weight: 270 lbs
- Set up size: 40”L x 22” W x 45” H
- 12 months parts free replacement
- They are one of the safest exercise machines to use
- If offers you the choices to pick from different varieties of fitness programs.
- You can customize your exercise routine like burning calories, lose weight.
- Easy-to read large screen monitor that clearly displays RPM, time, speed, distance in miles, calories and odometer.
- It sometimes permits cheating
Pricing: Around $399.99 on Amazon.
Types of Stationary Bikes
- Upright Bikes
As the name implies, the upright bikes helps you to sit in an upright position while working out and the exercise machine is in a form that allows you to switch between a sitting and standing position, making it look like an outdoor road bike. The positioning of the pedal is directly under your body with a forward like lean position promoted so as for you to reach the handlebars.
One of the amazing key features it also has is the saddle seat, which looks narrow in size, give your legs the spaces needed to move without obstruction. The downside is a lack of back support.
Study on stationary bikes shows that the rectus femoris muscle is presented more activity during upright pedaling unlike other types of cycling machines. The rectus femoris is one of the four quadriceps muscles that flex the thigh at the hip and also helps in the extending of the knee. This particular muscle has a major role in our mobility.
Also to add, the upright bike seat is positioned naturally to encourage optimal engagement of other muscle groups, also including the core. This is mostly true when you engage in cycling in an upright position.
When it comes to storage, upright bikes are manufactured in uniquely various designs. Some come in foldable options, so as to store it in smaller spaces. Some of the upright bikes come with moving handlebars to work the upper body as you cycle. Most have electronic display features for measuring distance, speed and other key metrics.
- Full body workout
- Comes with foldable options for ease of storage
- Allows versatile positioning
- Higher positioning can feel unstable
- Can discomfort on specific body parts, e.g. neck and back
- Narrow seats are often uncomfortable.
- Recumbent Bikes
The recumbent bike happens to be the fastest growing on the market, reason being that it has high availability and it also reduces stress on the lower back, also its affordability. This type of stationary bikes is unique for having a wider seat and also a reclined position, offering added support. It is made to also have a positioning lower to the ground than other types of bikes, allowing getting on and off much easier.
Recumbent bike recline results happens to have less stress on the joints because the pedals are designed further forward. These bikes comes with a TV most of the time while is meant to entertain you while you perform your workout and also a monitor to display your metrics.
Having the added back support, the recumbent bikes are ideal for those new to exercise or those who require added back support while working out. They also provide serious cardio and special lower body workout, depending on your resistance, speed and workout time. In addition, a study in 2016 shows that the recumbent bikes elicited almost the same muscle activity of the trunk and hip muscles unlike other types of bikes.
- They provide a focused lower body workout
- They are supportive and comfortable
- They have less strain on the joints
- Limited core recruitment
- They are cumbersome
- Only allows a fixed position
- Indoor Bikes
If you love to speed through your workout, the indoor bikes are specially built for fast pedaling and also for burning calories. They are mostly called spin bikes (a trademarked name), these powerful machines came out to popularity with the phenomenon of spin classes.
The indoor bikes still has a rise in popularity which can be attributed to innovation. A lot of manufacturers have designed luxury indoor bikes, it mostly comes with a live stream feature and on-demand functions for a workout at any time of day.
Indoor bikes are suitable for their built-in resistance knobs that provide you to alter resistance with only a simple turn, providing easy control of the bike. The bike also comes with adjustable seats and handlebars to perfectly fit your stature so you can sit or stand while doing workout or riding, making it look so real as If you are on a road bike.
It has an option to use the pedal, cleat clip-in shoes or a cage strap, the latter being is more idea for people training specially for long distance competitions. The presence of a freely rotating flywheel, make these bikes one of the smoothest rides stationary bikes on the market.
- Similar experience of outdoor cycling
- Give you difference choices of pedal
- It has ease of altering resistance
- Injuries come as a result of poor form
- It can lead to burnout
- Saddle sometimes can be uncomfortable
5. Rowing Machine: Sunny Health & Fitness Rowing Machine
A rowing machine an amazing exercise machine that helps you builds muscle and helps to supercharger your conditioning. When we talk about efficiency the rower is what comes to mind. The rowing machine allows you to gain strength both athletically and functionally.
The Rowing Machine is a machine with two oarlike handles, foot bracers and a sliding seat that allows you to go through the motions of rowing in a racing shell.
The rower allows you to strengthen major muscles in your arms, legs and increase cardiovascular endurance.
Rowing machine is straightforward exercise equipment, other exercise programs can be tried out for example one can alternate between the periods of hard rowing followed by another period of slow rowing.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Rowing Machine Rower Ergometer comes with a digital monitor, inclined slide rail, 220 LB Max weight and is foldable.
Features of Sunny Health & Fitness Rowing Machine
- Elastic cord dual directional resistance with 4 levels of adjustable tension.
- Large LCD console displays Time, Count, Total Count, Calories Burned, count per minute and scan.
- Oversized angled seat with non-slip handles for optimal comfort.
- Large anti-slip foot pedals with adjustable foot straps for secure footing
- Maximum user weight of 220 lbs
- The rowing machine involves both your lower and higher body
- It is perfect for cardio
- The machine provides a low impact workout that helps in burn calories
- The workout done on this exercise machine can take a toll on your back
Pricing: Around $133.63 on Amazon.
6. Indoor Air Bike: Schwinn Fitness Airdyne Bike Series
The air bike is one of the best exercise machines for toning whole body. This exercise equipment is exercise equipment that deals with the combination of both your arms and legs as you work out.
Air bike exercise machine is helpful for people who are in love with cycling and wants to get the full fun from the comfort of their home.
It helps provide full body workout, it also involves the moving of your arms by pumping the handle bars and the movement of your legs for motion in a cyclical way.
The air bike machines come with a fan on the bike that generates win resistance as you perform your workout.
The Schwinn Fitness Airdyne Bike Series are:
- Schwinn AD 7 Airdyne Fan Bike
- Schwinn AD 2 Airdyne Fan Bike
- Schwinn AD 6 Airdyne Fan Bike
Features of the Schwinn Fitness Airdyne Bike Series
- Single-stage belt drive which keeps it running quietly
- Progressive wind resistance system which offers infinite levels of challenge
- RevMeter RPM gage for interval training
- Self-balancing foot pedals with foot straps
- Quiet, frictionless and optimized fan for high resistance and to keep you cool
- Comfortable and adjustable seat
- Multi-position hand grips offer a variety of workout options
- Heart rate telemetry enabled.
- It is perfect for recovery especially those that have had accident and are learning to use their legs to walk again or gain the strength needed to walk again.
- Air bike exercise machines help boost your cardio capacity
- High resolution multi-display to track calories, watts, time, distance, speed, RPM and heart rate.
- It is big and not in a portable form and it can’t be folded.
- Schwinn AD 7 Airdyne Fan Bike – $1,699.88
- Schwinn AD 2 Airdyne Fan Bike – $620.00
- Schwinn AD 6 Airdyne Fan Bike – $794.00
7. Cross Trainer: Sunny Health & Fitness Essential Magnetic Upright Seated Elliptical
This is a great exercise machine for toning the whole body. Cross trainer is low-impact gym equipment that has a movement like that of a cross-country skiing.
It is best used for people who cannot go out for jogging and more frequently or people those who have injuries on their lower body.
Cross trainer is absolutely the best machine for you if you don’t like the treadmill or have injuries in any part of your body but you’re looking forward to losing weight.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Essential Magnetic Upright Seated Elliptical is a 2-in-1 cross trainer that can be used for workouts targeting both upper and lower parts of the body.
Features of The Sunny Health & Fitness Essential Magnetic Upright Seated Elliptical
- Effective cardiovascular low impact workout targeting upper & lower body muscle groups
- Has a digital monitor to track your speed, distance, pulse, calories burned and time.
- 8 levels of magnetic resistance for higher workout intensities, the resistance knob puts the control intensity in your hands.
- The durable belt-drive mechanism will keep your strides quiet and consistent for short and long intense workout sessions.
- Has device holder that allow you place your mobile device.
- It is an absolutely one of the best form of cardio for the upper part of the body
- It is perfect and safe for conditioning and endurance
- It is a bit expensive
Pricing: It is around $319.99 on Amazon.
8. Dumbbells: FLYBIRD Adjustable Dumbbell
Dumbbells are excellent exercise machines for toning whole body. When it comes to building strength or strength training, and also to improve your endurance level dumbbells are the fit for those areas of workout. They have a high level of different kind of usages and are also affordable.
The exercise routines you can use a dumbbell for includes overhead press, bicep curls, goblet squat and lat raises.
The FLYBIRD Adjustable Dumbbell is a 25/55lb single dumbbell for men and women with anti-slip metal handle, fast adjust weight by turning handle.
FLYBIRD have been in this business of fitness for over 20 years and their equipment are designed with advice of professional coach, committed to meeting diversified weight training.
Features of the FLYBIRD Adjustable Dumbbell
- You can have 5-sets of dumbbell training experience with 80% space saving.
- It supports diverse strength training by changing different weights and even fitness beginners can use it.
- Convenient for fast changing dumbbell’s weight during training as you just have to turn the handle with one hand.
- The dumbbell’s weight plate is covered with frosted powder coating which makes it hardly abrasion and do not have foul smell.
- Durable handle combined with aluminum alloy material and anti-slip texture which cannot rust.
- It can be used for different kind of workouts
- Very affordable and portability is top notch
- When lifting if there is nobody to watch you as you lift it might be dangerous.
- FLYBIRD Adjustable Dumbbell 25 pounds – $109.99 on Amazon
- FlyBird Adjustable Dumbbell 55 pounds – $199.00
9. Free weights: Vivitory Free Weights Dumbbells set with connector
Free weights are also amazing exercise machines for toning whole body. This equipment like dumbbells and barbells forces you to use more than a targeted muscle group.
Free weights can help in perfectly toning your whole body as they don’t just leave a particular muscle. You can as well use them from different angles.
Although keeping the correct form is perfect for building muscles. You can use free weights to perform rhomboid pull, bench press, chest fly and many more movements with a well straight bar and free weights.
The Vivitory Free Weights Dumbbells set with connector is a non-rolling adjustable dumbbell set of 44lbs, Hexagon and cement mixture.
Features of The Vivitory Free Weights Dumbbells set with connector
- The Vivitory adjustable freeweights comprises polyethylene and EVA resin with a cement mixture that makes it durable.
- The hexagon design prevents it from rolling so that there is no damage to the floor.
- Foam-covered connecting rod reduces neck compression and relieves fatigue and the non-slip rubber coated handle for a firm grip.
- 44 lbs model comes with 2x 16.5” handles, 4x screw nuts, 4x 4.4 lbs weight plates (2KG), 4x 3.3 lbs plates (1.5KG), 4x 2.75 lbs plates (1.25KG), 1x connecting rod.
- The barbell weight set is ideal fitness equipment for everyone who loves sports.
- It allows you to perform a wide range of movements
- Every exercise can be adjusted to fit the need you require
- It helps to increase strength, burn fat and also tone whole body.
- It has a higher risk of injury if you don’t know how to properly execute the different exercises done with free weights
Pricing: Around $87.99 on Amazon
10. Smith Machine: Marcy Smith Machine Cage System Home Gym Multifunction Rack, Customizable Training Station
Lastly on our list of best exercise machines for toning your whole body, we have the Smith Machine. Smith machine makes use of a straight bar which is attached to a pulley system which allows moving of the weight. It is very different from a free weight machine where the bar can be disconnected from the rack and is moved independently.
The unique range limits of motion, it allows you to perform your exercises or workouts while still maintaining excellent form.
You can use Smith machine for the following workouts, the workouts includes, bench presses, deadlifts, bicep curls and squats.
Features of the Marcy Smith Machine Cage System Home Gym Multifunction Rack, Customizable Training Station
- You don’t have to switch between various workout stations as it has a power tower, utility bench and squat rack.
- Cage size – 70” L x 84” W x 86” H | Bench size – 62” L x 26” W x 55” H | Max user weight – 300 lbs. | Max Capacity Smith Machine Bar – 300 lbs. | Max capacity on Safety catches – 300 lbs. | Max capacity on bench – 600 lbs. (weights and user weight)
- Has multi-grip pull-up bars and this gears allows you to efficiently execute exercises for the upper body such as pull ups, chin ups, hanging leg raises.
- The cage has a durable pulley system that enables you to perform several crossover workouts. With the rowing cable, you can do seated rows to develop the back muscles, forearm muscles and upper arm muscles.
- Smith machine helps to isolate your muscle groups
- It has a low risk of injury
Because of its fixed range of motion the workout might be uncomfortable
Pricing: Around $2,059.99 on Amazon
Many might not have the money to own an exercise machine like the chest press machine, that doesn’t mean you should stay idle and not do anything like exercise at home. One of the best exercise machines also is your body and that’s even free of charge. There are amazing bodyweight exercises you can do in your home some of which includes triceps dips for the chest and shoulders and push-ups. You can also do step-ups, burpees, jump squats and mountain climbers.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Exercise Machines For Toning Whole Body
There are factors to be considered when looking for the best exercise machines for toning whole body, you will to first of all know how to pick out the best machines that will be suitable for you.
So the factors we will be discussing here are the most important factors to look into and consider when picking out exercise machines to ensure that your workouts guarantee the full range of movement.
- Purpose For Workout
When doing workout, your goal or aim for working out is very important and it is the first thing you have in mind when picking out an exercise machine. When picking out gym equipment and doing workout it all comes down to what fitness goals you want to achieve, be it toning muscles or weight loss.
For instant, do you desire to tone your whole body and lose weight?
Then go for exercising bikes, as they are perfect for that workout activity. They have a number of options that let them function or work as workout machines and also as cardio machines.
Maybe you are more interested in weight training and strength training?
Then rowing machines are the best choice for you as their uniqueness is to target the major muscle groups also including the legs (also called glutes), arms (also called biceps) and lats.
- Cardio Apparatus
When purchasing cardio machines, you must be aware and sure of your cardiovascular health. The key factor in the type of machine you should pick for your cardio fitness level needs your heart rate, lungs and other things need to be in best shape.
Having whole body workout machines deliver a lot of benefits, including a more better all-round health and strengthening of muscles. However, it will cost you a lot considering it for a home gym. There are also some cost-effective machines although there are expensive options. It is very important that you know that buying a whole body workout machine is better than buying the pieces of exercise equipment individually.
Now, what you have at hand as your budget will determine the products you can afford and the ones you can’t afford. Meanwhile, this shouldn’t stop your exercise experience. Make sure to gather enough information based on your needs and pick out the exercise machine that best fits you and serves you well.
- Bodyweight Resistance
If you are engaging in bodyweight resistance training, then pick out machines that include multiple joint movements. Weight machines absolutely amazing, but there are so many benefits to exercising with your body weight.
You can also decide to add rubber exercise tubing, bricks, water bottles and dumbbells for additional resistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Exercise To Tone The Body?
There is no single exercise that can claim to be the best to tone your whole body. You would need various exercises to give you both upper body and lower body workout. You can get yourself involved in exercises like the squats, dumbbell, push-ups and chest press to tone your whole body.
How Do I Know What Is Right For Me?
There are a lot of things you should consider before going to search and pick out any exercise machine for a home gym. These include:
- How frequent you will be using the exercise machine. It will be a big waste to spend money on something you seldom put into use.
- The purpose of the exercise machine. You need to have a goal for buying the machine and how well it will be of profit to you in your fitness journey.
- Some of the exercise machine might be foreign to you or technical to use, so you must be very certain that you feel relaxed using it.
- You also need to make sure that there is enough space in your home for the exercise machine you want to purchase.
Which Exercise Machine Has The Most Impact On Toning Body Muscles?
The rowing machine happens to be one out of the rest exercise machines that places focus on the major muscle groups in your body all at a time. Rowing machines deal with the use of hamstrings, abs, calves, glutes, quads, back muscles, biceps, shoulders, triceps and chest. Make sure to properly learn the form before you row to avoid any form of injury and get all benefits. It is advisable to start with a low level of resistance and increase as you gain momentum in strength and fitness.
What Is The Fastest Way To Tone My Body?
If you are searching for the fastest toning exercise machines or activities to tone your whole body, then you should consider swimming, jumping ropes, cardio kickboxing or running. These are very serious workouts and develop all round fitness, also your core and other muscle groups.
Exercise machines like elliptical, rowing machine, stairs-climber and stationary bikes are also good choices. They are all of great benefits because while you’re toning your legs, arms and core, you are also at the same time burning calories and losing body fat.
How Long Does It Take To Tone Your Body?
If you proper involve in weight, cardio, resistance and strength training, alongside eating good balanced diet, you should expect to start seeing results of toning your body in four (4) to eight (8) weeks. These realities will happen depending on your consistency and intensity of resistance of your fitness work out.
In getting the best exercise machines for toning your whole body, it allows you to exercise in the comfortability of your home gym. Choosing the correct exercise machine will play a major role in helping you achieve your fitness goals. In the midst of many options your goals mostly affects your ultimate choice.
The things you just keep in mind and consider properly are budget and workout purpose. Most importantly you should also go for an exercise machine that has enough versatility as it will be helpful in your fitness Journey.
bestusedgymequipment.com –best exercise machine for toning whole body
livestrong.com –best exercise machines to tone body
verywellfit.com –what are the different types of exercise bikes
intowelness.in – multi gym- a combined unit for multiple strength training exercises