Best Exercise Machine For Legs- While exercises that strengthens the legs are the most effective to build muscle on your lower body, there are also some cardio machines with which you can reduce your body fat and still increase definition in your legs, giving you a toned muscular look. Strengthening the legs is just as vital as targeting other areas of the body, like the abs and shoulders. Toning our legs, whether it’s your quads, calves or hamstrings, gives you the strength to perform more aerobic exercises and help prevents injuries.
As bodyweight moves and exercises such as running and walking are amongst the top best leg workouts you can engage in, making use of key pieces of exercise equipment can also aid you in give more efficient and effective results. Lower-body training is ideal if you want to stimulate upper-body muscle growth. Leg workouts stimulate some of the largest muscles in your body, and helps create a metabolic state that is conducive to muscle-building.
So leg workouts are advantageous in strengthening the bones in your legs, and help minimize chances of leg injuries. Now, when selecting exercise equipment, you must be sure to know which machines are the most effective for isolating the specific leg muscles you’re targeting and toning your legs.
To help you out, we will be listing and detailing in this article 15 of the best exercise machines to give you a well-toned legs.
Top 15 Best Exercise Machine For Legs
- Seated Leg Curl Machine
- Inner/Outer Thigh Machine
- Hack Squat Machine
- Leg Extension Machine
- Elliptical Trainer
- Standing Calf Raise Machine
- Leg Press
- Smith Machine Squat
- Rowing Machine
- Stair Climber
- Upright Exercise Bike
- Calf Stretcher and Foot Rocker
- Compact Exercise Bike
- Hamstring Stretcher
1. Seated Leg Curl Machine – Titan Fitness Adjustable Plate Loaded Leg Extension and Curl Machine
This is a compact, plate-loaded machine that works as a seated leg curl and leg extension machine that’s ideal for home gyms. If you have the space and want to pack some muscle on your quads and hamstrings then the Titan Fitness Adjustable Plate Loaded Leg Extension and Curl Machine is a good choice to consider.
The Leg Curl/Extension Machine doubles as a leg extension machine with a leg curl machine, and also works as a standing leg curl machine. Having this great equipment as a home gym owner gives you access to two of the most used lower-body machines found in commercial gyms. The ability to load the best weight plates instead of traditional selectorized machines is one of the major benefits of the machine. So you might be on a budget, and want to some add machines to your home gym, this is a great place to begin.
- Stacking weight plates
- Made with upholstery materials
- A smaller footprint
- Adjustable back pad and seat
- Straightforward to use
- Easy to adjust the weight
- You can use it while sitting
- It Improves stability and can stretch your legs
- It Improves mind-muscle connection in the lower body
- The pressure is often unequally distributed
- The back pad can sometimes be uncomfortable
- Adjusting the seating pad can be a bit of a struggle
2. Inner/Outer Thigh Machine – IRON COMPANY Body-Solid inner & outer thigh machine
Body-Solid is committed to designing quality gym equipment. Whether you are outfitting your home gym, commercial facility, office, or apartment facility Body-Solid has you covered. Body-Solid machines and equipment are designed to fit your everyday needs. Prioritizing easy-to-do workouts, easy-to-achieve results, and equipment that last.
The Inner & Outer Thigh Machine trim and tone those trouble spots, And you can do both abductor/adductor exercises from one seated position. It’s 5 range of motion adjustments accommodate users of any sizes. It has a lumbar supported adjustable back pad, a swiveling knee pads and no cable change design that gives you the quality, comfort and ease of use necessary to achieve tremendous results.
This is not an exercise you do standing, you will have to sit and move your legs in and out. This equipment works by using resistance to push against your legs. The moment you open them, it abducts them, and when you close them, it adducts them. It particularly helps take away your gluteus medius and other specific leg muscles. And this is carried out when you open your legs and your inner thigh muscles when closing.
- It has 5 ranges of motion adjustments
- Has a no cable change design with swiveling knee pads
- A side stability handles for better positioning
- 210lb. Stack included
- It is usable for anyone
- You can use it while sitting
- It is a heavy duty machine and not a suitable piece of equipment to fit in a home
- It cannot replicate real-life movements
3. Hack Squat Machine – Body Solid GLPH1100 Leg Press Hack Squat
Body-Solid Inc. is one of the leading manufacturer and distributor of premium fitness equipment for both home and commercial gyms. With over 20 years of experience, Body-Solid offers one of the widest range of products in the fitness industry, some of which includes multi-station gyms, free weight machines, a complete line of cardiovascular products, kettle bells, weight plates, dumbbells, and fitness accessories. The hack squat machine is also called an incline squat machine, or doing squats, and isolates your quadriceps muscles. This is achieved by placing your body backward at an angle and performing squats. This machine also targets the hamstrings, calves, and glutes.
As you work your quads, glutes, and calves, the integrated smoothness of the Leg Press/Hack Squat Machine spares your bones and joints. There are three lockout positions are under the user’s control throughout the workouts and provide user safety and the option of different start/stop positions.
- An engineered quick Flip-and-Lock Mechanism
- Flip and Lock Pads, Diamond Plate Foot Platform
- Has a quad Track Roller System
- 1,000 lbs users capacity
- It improves your athletic ability
- It improves your squat form during leg exercises
- Builds particularly your quads and core strength
- Sometimes your shoulders can hurt more than your legs
- You might experience troubles if you cannot move your hands back up
4. Leg Extension Machine – Deltech Fitness Leg Extension/Leg Curl Machine
Deltech Fitness DF807 Leg Extension / Leg Curl Machine is one of the best ways to shape your thighs and hamstring muscles. The super firm frame provides a stable, balanced base and the fully adjustable leg pads that provide versatility for users of any size. And a frame made from heavy gauge steel tubing with a tough powdercoat finish.
The seat and backrest pads are made of high density foam padding with a sweat resistant top grade vinyl for easy cleaning. This machine involves sitting on a seat or a bench, you then move your legs against resistance weights attached to a cable. The leg extensions work your quads.
- Made from heavy gage steel tubing with tough powdercoat finish
- It uses standard or olympic plates with included adapters
- Upper and Lower Leg Pads adjust in and out 4inch and lock with knob
- High grade vinyl and high density foam padding
- You can comfortably exercise while sitting
- It tones the front of your thighs
- It strengthens your tissues and ligaments
- It is price-friendly
- Works only on the quads
- It places a lot of pressure on knees
5. Elliptical Trainer – NordicTrack Commercial 14.9 Elliptical
The new NordicTrack Commercial 14.9 elliptical trainer is constructed with commercial-grade parts, and offers advanced options that are typically only found on workout equipment at the commercial gym, and it’s also fairly affordable.
The Commercial 14.9 now has a larger 14inch smart HD touchscreen with improved graphics processing and double-band WiFi, giving crisp and seamless playback of your workout sessions. More exciting, NordicTrack now includes a 30-day family membership to iFit with purchase, with which multiple users in the household can have saved profiles on the elliptical.
This machine is equipped with one of the heaviest flywheels you can find, it is driven by a 32-pound flywheel. Match this super-heavy flywheel which response with a near noiseless, supremely smooth and natural stride. The flywheel can likely be one of the most important features of an elliptical trainer because it links to the durability and overall feel of the trainer.
The versatility of this trainer comes in the fact that there are so many ways to use it, with the ability to vary the stride length, height, and intensity, making it excellent for both training and comfort. You can target particular muscle groups in one time, focus on cardiovascular endurance, and still get an all-over total body workout.
The elliptical is likened to the motion of stair climbing, running, and walking without placing large amounts of stress on your knees and hips. It allows your arms and legs to move in a forward and backward motion. There are also Desk elliptical models available for home/office cardio training.
- A powerful 32-pound flywheel
- Softtouch ™ multi-positional upper-body grips
- Power adjustable stride of 17.5-18.7 inches
- Power adjustable incline of 0 to 20 degrees
- Has large high definition touchscreen display
- Smart, intuitive console features
- It burns more calories
- Boosts your stamina
- Burns a lot of body fat and a good option for weight loss
- It strengthens your legs
- Easy to adjust the resistance level
- It does not help gain muscle strength easily
- It’s not the best machine for everyone
- The forward/backward motion can become boring
- Not good for upper body strength
6. Standing Calf Raise Machine – IRON COMPANY Body-Solid Leverage Squat/Calf Machine
Body-Solid offers one of the widest range of products in the fitness industry, including multi-station gyms, free weight machines, a complete line of cardiovascular products, weight plates, kettle bells, dumbbells, and fitness accessories.
Develop an amazing lower body power with the Body-Solid Leverage Squat Calf Machine. The Squat is a powerful exercise for building mass and strength in the thighs, glutes, calves, and lower back. This Leverage Squat/Calf Raise machine is constructed to limit the risks of this essential exercise while improving the benefits and increasing the effectiveness.
This machine is also constructed to challenge the user’s primary muscle groups while making sure of safety at all times. You can practice squats with up to 800 pounds of resistance, and the machine can handle the heaviest possible load with stable durability. Body-Solid Leverage Squat/Calf machine helps you to stand on the balls of your feet, flex your calves, and raise the weight. It helps you maintain resistance on your toes while you lift the weights. This machine works your calves, and is still effective even using light weights.
- Heavy Duty Platform
- Spring-loaded lockouts handle
- Exclusive DuraFirm shoulder and back pads are extra-thick and carefully contoured to fit your shoulders.
- Heavy-duty mainframe includes extra-large 3”x 3” high tensile strength 12-gauge steel with all-4-side welded construction
- It improves ankle strength and stability
- Strengthens calf muscles
- Improve balance and torso strength
- It is easy to adjust the resistance weight on these machines
- The same exercise can be done without using a machine
- It stops the full range of muscle movement
7. Leg Press – Body-Solid ProClubLine Leg Press Machine with 210-Pound Weight Stack (SLP500G2)
Body-Solid ProClubLine products are engineered to address the specific needs of thousands of facilities across the country and across the globe that are in need of durable machines at affordable prices, available on demand. The straight -forward designs and easy adjustments provide a safe and familiar workout environment for fitness professionals of all experience levels.
Leg Press uses elegant pillow block and sealed ball-bearings for precision alignment and friction-free movement; with this you can achieve higher performance results. Advanced design minimizes spinal compression and allows full range-of-motion in a natural biomechanical movement. It features a fully adjustable back pad with a user-friendly designed two position press plate that accommodates users of all sizes for a complete Leg and Calf workout.
With the adjustable padded DuraFirm back pad and 2 position press plate it can accommodate a wide range of different heights and weights. It’s mainframe is made from 2 x 4-inch-high-tensile strength steel and all 4 sides are welded for durability. Out of all the numerous exercise machines, the leg press is usually seen as the most popular. Leg press machines build leg mass and strength. It involves you lying down and pressing a plate upwards with your legs. The plate is attached to weight, most often free weights such as plates.
- An elegant pillow block and sealed ball-bearings
- Smooth and Efficient Operation
- An Heavy-Duty Steel Construction
- With an instructional placard
- Perfect for beginners
- Contributes to stronger leg bones
- Minimizes injury from occurring
- You can change your foot position to target different muscle groups
- Sometimes the legs can be worked on unevenly
- You could hurt your back if the weight is too heavy
8. Smith Machine Squat – FORCE USA Monster G3 Power Rack, Functional Trainer & Smith Machine Combo Base
The Monster G3 is space-saving and will also aid you in getting rid of the clutter in your workout room so you can do all of your workout exercises in one closed, organized, and safe area. You no longer have to move from one machine to the next to perform your bench presses, squats, free weight exercises or core training that are spread across your workout room. Smith machines make squatting more efficient and effective, and it allows you to squat without a spotter. It has a fixed barbell on rails that you can move up or down while doing a squat. The smith machine focuses on your lats, triceps, quads, pectorals, deltoids, and more.
This machine includes commercial grade J-Hooks and Safeties which can be adjusted using Westside hole spacing to any height position you need. It features westside spacing with 50 different numbered adjustment points to perfectly fit any size user for bench press, squats and more.
With the functional trainer & Smith Machine you can to do more than 70 different exercises. Having adjustable height positions and a variety of accessories to practice shoulder, arms, chest, back, core and leg exercises. The Smith Machine component is engineered for natural body movement to provide a strong and safe workout. You can Re-rack your Smith bar seamlessly into any height position you prefer and enjoy an efficient workout.
- Force USA Monster G3 is a combination of a power rack, smith machine, and a cable pulley system
- It includes commercial grade J-Hooks and Safeties
- Has adjustable height positions.
- Compact size: 51”W x 55”D x 87”H. 770lb weight rating. 2:1 Pulley ratio.
- It helps isolate your upper body
- A spotter is not needed
- It prevents you from falling forward and also improves your squat form
- Sometimes a fixed bar can be uncomfortable
- The barbell is fixed and you can’t remove it
- The machine is not as versatile as a typical barbell
- Only targets specific muscles
9. Rowing Machine – Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 Performance Monitor
The versatile Model D fits in as well in fitness facilities and home gyms as it does in boathouses around the world, and is used by elite athletes for competitive training. The Concept2 Model D rowing machine has an advanced PM5 Performance Monitor, improved user friendly designed handles, adjustable foot-rests, and a flywheel designed for smooth movement with low noise. The Model D has a comfortable 14inch (seat) height with an aluminum I-beam monorail and stainless steel track for a continuous back-and-forth slide.
After your training, you can easily break down the rower into two segments for storage or use the included caster wheels for easy mobility. The Concept 2 Rower gives users one of the most comprehensive, full-body workouts of any fitness machine. It is constructed durably to last a lifetime; it is low impact enough for use in physical rehabilitation centers, and intensive enough to be used by elite athletes all over the world. Power Requirement: it uses two D cell batteries. During your workout, the monitor draws power from the spinning flywheel to increase battery life.
- Low impact workout
- It’s Performance Monitor 5 self-calibrates for comparable results
- You can connect wirelessly to heart rate belts and apps
- 14-inch seat height, adjustable footrests and comfortable handle
- Separates easily into two pieces for easy storage
- Space recommended for use is 9 x 4 feet; 500-pound user capacity
- It burns a lot of calories
- Easy-to-perform exercise
- Low impact on joints
- It targets your whole body
- Contributes to a better posture
- It is mostly good for commercial gyms
- Risk of back injury if you don’t have proper form
10. Stair Climber – StairMaster SM3 StepMill
For over 25 years, the StairMaster StepMill has been called the most challenging workout in the gym. With the new StepMill 3 you can now bring that same toughness home. Having a revolving set of 6-inch stairs, the resulting step range of 26 to 162 steps per minute will greatly strengthen your legs and boost your cardio. The SM3 offers a good number of workout options, with such programs which includes Quick Start, Manual, Steady, Mystery Challenge, Build, Bell Shaped, Calorie Burner, Fat Burner, Heart Rate Zone Trainer and Heart Rate Intervals.
The console monitors your time, watts, calories, heart rate, level (1-20), floors/minute, segment time, floors climbed and workout profile. Other features include heart rate pulse grips mounted to a comfortably designed handrails, automatic safety stop sensor at the back of the base of the steps, A weight capacity of 275-pound and a good warranty of lifetime frame, 5 year mechanical, 2 year electronics and 1 year labor and wear items.
Stair climber machines also called steppers are stationary cardiovascular training equipment, which mimics the motion of climbing stairs. Having different incline and intensity intervals, stair climber, stepper, or mini-stepper machine offers a range of workouts. A stair climber or stepper targets your glutes, hamstrings, calves, and core.
- More portable than the commercial version sold into health clubs
- Step range of 26 to 162 steps per minute
- Easy-to-read large backlit LCD display with polar-compatible heart rate monitoring
- Total of 10 workout programs, which includes fat burner, calorie burner, intervals and more
- It strengthens major muscle groups
- It maximizes core and cardio strength
- The exercise is easy to perform
- It is a versatile piece of equipment
- It works only your leg and core muscles
- If you have bone problems, it is likely to increase your chance of other injuries
11. Treadmill – ProGear 190 Manual Treadmill
The ProGear 190 Space friendly and treadmill fitness walking is a very effective way to burn more calories and enjoy a healthy lifestyle. A manual treadmill exercise is one of the most easy and effective ways to achieve a regimen of regular exercise. Fitness walking can help you lose body fat, tone muscles and is a great way to stay in shape.
This Treadmill gives you benefits of minimal assembly out of the box; it uses no electrical power and is maintenance free, having over 200 user weight capacity. Made of steel frame with powder coated finish, wide side rails for safety. It has an oversized belt rollers that gives a very smooth and convenient walking experience. It’s Long handles with foam grips provides walking security and gives you balance.
A treadmill particularly works your leg joints, upper body and increases your cardiovascular endurance. It also comes with a digital monitor or LCD monitor to keep track of your workout progress. It has a range of programs you can focus on while walking or running. There are also under -desk treadmill models available for home or office use.
It also has transportation wheels that allow for easy mobility and can be folded for storage. Treadmill Belt size: 43”L x 13 ¼” W. Folded Dimensions: 21”L x 23”W x 51”H.
- Steel Frame with powder coated finish, with wide side rails
- An oversized belt rollers
- Longer handles with foam grips
- LCD Display
- 2 Position Incline Adjustments
- A treadmill is easy-to-use exercise equipment
- Burn calories quickly
- Allows you perform custom programs to help target your legs and exercise
- You can control over inclination while exercising
- It allows you to add intensity, speed, warm-up, cool down, and more
- It does not simulate real-life terrain
- It can have a high impact on your knees, and can be risky if you have knee injuries
12. Upright Exercise Bike – Marcy Upright Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-708
With the ME-708 Upright Exercise Bike from Marcy, you can build a well-toned and healthier body right in the comfort of your home. By making your abode your new workout place, you do not need to worry about gym memberships and save some cash. This exercise bike is engineered to help you shed those extra weights and build muscle by engaging in a full-body workout at home.
It is constructed from PVC, rubber, and premium 14-gauge steel tubing finished with a powder coating, the ME-708 Upright Exercise Bike has a very good-quality structure that joins design and performance. This exercise bike machine has a firm structure that resists scratches, chips. It’s adjustable seat allows users of different body types and the engineered structure enhances proper form during workouts and makes your body to conform perfectly to the equipment so that your workout has tremendous effect on your targeted areas.
The Marcy ME-708 Stationary Upright bike comes with a magnetic resistance system with eight preset levels making it good for fitness professionals of any skill. The resistance is adjusted with a tension knob to give you a customizable cardio training according to your fitness level. The large console serves as an odometer and monitors your time, speed, distance travelled, and calories burned in easy-to-read extra-large numbers.
This machine keeps your legs close to your body and works all your leg muscles and cardiovascular endurance. It is portable and most of them can fold away, making it is a comfortable piece of equipment you can us while watching TV and increase your metabolic state in one time.
This bike has constructed wheels for easy mobility letting you easily transport it anywhere in the gym or your home and can be stored conveniently in any corner of your home. This upright exercise bike measures 31.5 x 48.75 x 18 inches.
- Premium steel construction (premium frame of 14-gauge steel tubing, finished with powder coating that combines design and performance)
- Adjustable seat
- Transport wheels for easy mobility
- Adjustable tension knob
- Easy to read screen
- Counterbalanced pedals (adjustable foot straps)
- Strengthens the lower body muscles
- This exercise equipment can burn body fat faster
- It is a great form of cardiovascular fitness
It can cause backache and neckache if used for too long
13. Calf Stretcher and Foot Rocker – ProStretch The Original Calf Stretcher and Foot Rocker
The ProStretch Foot Rocker has a very high stretching angle that’s proven to work. It holds your foot in the optimal position for proper stretching and maximum results. ProStretch’s slip-resistant pads holds the calf stretcher in place as it’s being used, to help relieve and treat plantar fasciitis and more. The rubber strips protect against moving and sliding.
It is medically proven and can be found in physical therapy clinics worldwide. ProStretch gives a deeper and much more effective stretch than conventional methods like floor or curb stretching.
ProStretch works toward delivering easy-to-use, pain prevention and performance-enhancing solutions. With their extensive knowledge into practices of medical professionals and the needs of athletes and consumers they deliver a wide range of easy-to-use products that yields results. Using ProStretch every day reduces pain and inflammation caused by plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, sever’s disease, shin splints, and tight calves & hamstrings. ProStretch isolates the lower leg muscles, tendons, and ligaments to give a deep, effective stretch which helps in reducing injuries.
- Tested and trusted by physician & APMA accepted
- Slip-resistant pads (Advanced rubber strips on bottom)
- Unique rocker design that keeps the foot
- Fits adult shoes up to size 12
- Weight limit 250 lbs
- It is tested and trusted by physicians
- Can be used at home or in the office
- Affordable and portable
- Easy to use
- May not be able to accommodate all shoe size
- Can strain the foot if you perform it while standing
14. Compact Exercise Bike – NordicTrack S22i studio bike
Generally, exercise bikes are one the most compact cardio exercise equipment in the market. Normally, they are smaller than ellipticals and treadmills. So when determining the best exercise bike for you, you should look at more than just the footprint and factored in how much value you’re getting out of the machine.
The Commercial S22i use iFit, allows you enjoy not only cycle workouts but also strength training, yoga and a lots of other fitness classes. Both bikes have screens that Swivel, so you can rotate the display if you want to continue your workout off the bike. The S22i stands out in that it has inclined and decline capabilities, a feature you can’t always find on exercise bikes. And this compact exercise bike has a lot more exciting features: Cooling fan, Bluetooth connectivity to headphones, dual water bottle holders, and a device holder.
Although there are transportation wheels on the front of the bike which aids mobility, the 200-plus pounds weight of the S22i makes it not exactly easy to move around.
- 30-Day iFIT family membership
- Upgraded 15inch rotating HD touchscreen display
- Enhanced automatic trainer control
- NEW Bluetooth Headphone Connectivity
- User weight capacity: 350-pound
- Has transport wheels
- iFit compatible
- Screen swives to broadcast workouts on and off bike
- Incline and decline training available
- Screen is 22inch and makes moving the bike not easy
- 200 lbs and not easy to move around
- Fairly expensive around $1,500
15. Hamstring Stretcher – IdealStretch Original Hamstring Stretcher Device
The IdeaIStretch Hamstring Device is constructed to help fitness enthusiasts, weekend warriors, golfers, yogis because it’s versatility and effectiveness. It can be used to warm up before a training session, post-workout recovery, physical therapy, and rehabilitation. If you have been to PT you will understand how effective it is having another person aid in stretching and manipulation. The strong structural frame of the IdealStretch gives the same control and effectiveness as assisted stretching; it gives you a stretch you will not get with bands or towels
IdeaIStretch works with a vision to support people’s health and fitness goals. Every one of their innovative stretching devices is constructed to help you achieve your fitness, flexibility, and mobility goals. IdeaIStretch products are designed and constructed in the United States and made from top quality materials. The IdeaIStretch original hamstring stretching device is made with a heavy-duty but lightweight steel frame that can bear the wear and tear of everyday use. It requires some light assembly, but you can easily adjust it to your height
- It is easy to use
- It is lightweight, portable and durable (durable steel frame)
- It is designed for all users
- Portable and easy mobility
- It is durable
- Very affordable and effective
- Do not use if you have any leg injury
Frequently Asked Questions
Which gym machine is best for legs?
6 best gym machines to tone the legs
- Curved Treadmill
- Stair Climber
- Upright Bik
- Assault Air Bike
- Rowing Machine
What is the most effective workout for legs?
When it comes to designing an effective leg workout, simpler is better. The basic lower body movements such as squats, hip hinges (deadlifts), and lunges, should make up the majority of your programming as they inherently focus on the major muscle groups of the legs.
How can I tone my legs fast?
5 ways to tone legs fast:
- Walk more
- Indoor cycling
- Hill sprints
- Jump rope
Finally, you should not skip your leg workouts as part of your fitness routine. You can decide to use cardio machines, free weights, weighted machines, and even upper body resistance bands for a great leg workout.
There’s a wide range of equipment out there you can use, but before using exercise equipment for legs, you should first think about your goals, the muscle groups you want to target, and your strength. Yet, for any of this equipment to be effective, you should try using them at least 3 times a week to start seeing results in your lower body.
Do not forget to include other exercise equipment such as resistance bands into your workouts to make them more challenging and diverse.
bestusedgymequipment.com – Best Exercise Equipment For Leg Workout
fitandwell.com – Best Exercise Machines For Legs
amazon.com – Strength Training Leg Machines
Top 15 Best Exercise Machine For Knee Arthritis
Top 15 Best Exercise Machine For Losing Belly Fat